With any stroller, one of the most important things to learn is how to collapse it. Before you have children, you might expect your stroller to be set up a lot more often than it is folded, but this isn’t actually the case.
Whenever you want to drive anywhere, or want to store it away, you will need to collapse the stroller, and this is how it will spend most of its life. This is why learning to collapse your stroller is incredibly important.
One of the best brands of stroller on the market is, undoubtedly, Bob. This company produces a variety of different strollers, and they all collapse in different ways. In this complete guide, we’ll be taking a look at some of the most popular models of Bob stroller and identifying how they collapse. So, with no further ado, let’s get started.
What is a Bob Stroller?
If you are new to the parenting world, then you might be wondering what a Bob stroller is. So let’s take a look. Bob gear, or BOB as they are officially known, is a company that produces strollers. Their name comes from ‘Beast of Burden’ which was the company’s original name, and they are best known for their jogging strollers.
To some parents, the thought of running soon after giving birth and welcoming your child into your family can be scary, but this is something that a lot of women and men enjoy. In fact, some parents enjoy jogging with their child in the stroller because it is a way to form a bond.
Others simply enjoy jogging and because of childcare situations have to take their baby with them. No matter what the reason, there’s no denying that Bob strollers are one of the best if you want a jogging stroller.
But, Bob doesn’t only produce jogging strollers. This is what they specialize in, but they also make regular strollers too. Out of their wide range of products, Bob produces 4 strollers, which are clearly the most popular.
They are the Bob single, Bob jogging single, Bob double, and Bob jogging double. In this guide, we’ll be taking a look at how to collapse all of these strollers, starting with the Bob single.
How to Collapse a Bob Stroller
Bob Single Stroller
Bob produces lots of different strollers, and the majority of these are single strollers. Thankfully, no matter what model of single stroller you have, they will all collapse in the same way because all Bob single strollers are designed to do this. So, let’s take a look at how to collapse a Bob single stroller.
- Empty your stroller so that it no longer contains any of your or your baby’s items.
- Put your hands on either side of the handlebar and look for the red tabs, when you find these press toward the middle of them with both hands.
- Pressing the tabs in, lift the handle bars upward, and then immediately forward.
- You will spot a red handle protruding from the rear of your stroller, push this backward, and as you do, the entire stroller will collapse, ready for storage.
Bob Jogging Stroller
But, one single stroller that is an objection to this rule is the Bob jogging stroller. Jogging strollers are generally bigger and bulkier than regular strollers, and because of this they require collapsing a little differently. But don’t let their large design confuse you, they are still fairly easy to collapse. To do this, follow these steps.
- Raise the adjustable handle of your stroller.
- Simultaneously, set the brake (rear parking) with your left foot.
- Press in the levers of the stroller and move the seat forward.
- Pull on the red handle that appears from the back of the stroller.
- Connect the red buckles together to lock the folded stroller in place.
- Remove the rear and front wheels of the stroller to make it more compact, then fold away to store.
Bob Double Stroller
If you have more than one child, then you might have a Bob double stroller. Just like the single stroller, Bob makes a variety of double strollers, but they generally all fold away in the same way. So, if you have a Bob double stroller, follow this guide to find out how to fold it away.
- Empty your stroller so that it no longer contains any of your or your baby’s belongings.
- Grab both sides of the handle, and press the red buttons on both sides inward.
- Push the stroller handles upward and then forward, as you do this the stroller will begin to move downward.
- Pull the red handle that appears at the back of the stroller toward you, and the stroller will collapse.
- Use the straps on the stroller to tie it up ready for transport or storage.
Bob Double Jogging Stroller
Finally, you might have a double jogging stroller. Bob only produces a handful of this style of stroller, so if you do have a Bob double jogging stroller, follow these steps to fold it away for storage/transport.
- Set the parking brakes on your stroller so that they are locked in place.
- Empty the stroller of your belongings and remove your child, so that the stroller is completely empty. Remember to check the pockets.
- Find the seat retention strap and unlock it.
- Press the levers on the handlebar and move the handlebar forward simultaneously.
- Look for the red handle and push it downward.
- Use the wrist strap buckle that you usually use for jogging to secure the collapsed stroller in place.
- If necessary, remove the wheels to make it more compact for storage.
In short, collapsing a Bob stroller is a lot easier than you might expect. All Bob single strollers fold in the same way apart from Bob jogging strollers, so bear this in mind when you attempt to collapse your stroller. But no matter what model of Bob stroller you have, you will be able to find out how to collapse it in this guide, so look no further than right here.